In 1814, Jean Joseph MOREAU, a ""tonnelier"" from Montbard, founded the wine-merchant and trading firm, J. Moreau et Fils, in Chablis. Sold in 1985 to a Canadian company but regaining ownership in 2002, the Christian Moreau family regained their full rights, not only to exploit their own vineyards, but also to make and market the wines belonging to their Domaine. Their vineyards are located in the very heart of the Chablis country, on the banks of the Serein River